Thursday, March 25, 2010

ornamental Tattoo

ornamental Tattoo

Your work is so amazing because you have such diverse capabilities in so many genres; from technical portraiture/realism to inclusions of gothic & ornamental themes. What is your favorite type of piece to work on? Thank you. I get this question a lot and I really have a hard time answering it. I honestly like so many styles and types of tattooing that I have never really focused on one over the other.

I must say, that I truly enjoy the challenge of reproduction and detail. It is very technical and I tend to view myself as a technical tattoo artist. I love to do portraits and photo reproductions for this reason. Although, if I had to do this kind of tattooing all of the time, I believe I would end up getting bored.

ornamental Tattoo

I am very fortunate to have clients that allow me to work on a full spectrum of form, style and direction. I believe that it is important to remain flexible within your work simply to achieve freedom and prevent artistic confinement.
Maybe having said all of this, I enjoy reproducing detail—I am open to color or black and grey. If I am to do custom work I often lean toward gothic or ornamental design elements, but it would completely fall around the request of the client.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...